Friday, May 20, 2016

Week Three

3 Way Conferences

Thank you to all parents and students who attended our 3 way conferences this week.  It was really great getting to meet with you and having the opportunity to discuss your child's learning goals and how we will achieve these goals together.

The Rising Stars also shared with their parents some of their highlights from Term One.
Here are a few of the highlights we talked about:

"Hosting our school assembly was a highlight because it was nice getting good comments and building up our confidence on stage in front of a big audience." Margaret

"Being a peer mediator because I have learnt how to be responsible and I have enjoyed doing my duties." Harrieta

"I have enjoyed being a road patrol monitor because I like to help the children cross the road safetly  so they don't get hurt". Ana

"I liked spending time with our buddy class because I liked to play with them and do different learning activities." Greta

"Becoming a leader because I like taking responsibility and having the opportunity to be a role model to others."  Anahera

"Swimming because I like learning life skills so I know how to swim and be safe in the water." Dantae

"Maths because I was in the blue maths group but now I'm in the yellow maths group and I can do harder work." Gabriel

"I liked doing fitness because it's good for us and it's a great start to the day for our learning." Sasha



Explanation Writing

In Writing the Sharks and Whales groups looked at another explanation example which was about tadpoles and identified the structure within the text and highlighted the language features they noticed.  Once they had looked at this example and discussed it, then it was time to go about writing their own explanation on a certain topic. The topic they decided to focus on was "How paper is recycled." Before they began though, they knew they needed to create a plan and do a bit of research on their topic. Here are some of our pics.....

 

                                     

 

                                   
Homework

Well done to all the Rising Stars who completed their homework task from Week 2.  The task was to complete a small research study on New Zealand and present the information either in their books or as a poster. Check out Apoua's poster that he completed for his homework. Tino pai to mahi Apoua!






4 comments:

  1. Well done Rising Stars on taking in charge of your learning. Awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed seeing Apouas homework and giving him a principals sticker... If you have more work to share please send them my way! Well done rising stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... very impressive homework and absolutely amazing EFFORT!!! Great Learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apoua this is an amazing piece of homework. Wow. Thank you Rising Stars for sharing your hard work through your blog. I can see Timothy is super focused proofreading work or offering some suggestions? I have enjoyed looking at your blog. Well done!

    ReplyDelete